Once the winter weather is on its way out, it’s the perfect time to do some property maintenance to prepare for the next season.
Here are some things to take care of now:
- Have your air conditioner unit(s) inspected, cleaned and serviced if necessary.
- Pressure-wash your sidewalks to remove any dirt, debris or remaining ice melt and sand.
- Have an exterminator check for termites and other pests, and treat as needed.
- If you have any outdoor gathering areas that have been closed for the past season, get them cleaned, maintained and ready for use. Pay close attention to decking and stairs, making sure they’re safe and in good repair.
- Check your smoke detectors. Whether yours are wired-in or battery operated, it’s a good idea to test them every spring and fall.