Once the winter weather is on its way out, it’s the perfect time to do some property maintenance to prepare for the next season.
Here are some things to take care of now:
- Have your air conditioner unit(s) inspected, cleaned and serviced if necessary.
- Pressure-wash your sidewalks to remove any dirt, debris or remaining ice melt and sand.
- Have an exterminator check for termites and other pests, and treat as needed.
- If you have any outdoor gathering areas that have been closed for the past season, get them cleaned, maintained and ready for use. Pay close attention to decking and stairs, making sure they’re safe and in good repair.
- Check your smoke detectors. Whether yours are wired-in or battery operated, it’s a good idea to test them every spring and fall.
Coverage may not be available in all states and is subject to actual policy terms and conditions. Coverage may be provided by an excess/surplus lines insurer which is not licensed by or subject to the supervision of the insurance department of your state of residence. Policy coverage forms and rates may not be subject to regulation by the insurance department of your state of residence. Excess/surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds and therefore insureds are not protected by such funds in the event of the insurer’s insolvency.